Thursday 2 April 2009

Review of March 2009

March has been a funny month.

For the second month in a row I did not get as much walking or writing done as I wanted, but I made progress in both areas.

With regards to walking, I got a couple of walks under my belt with a heavy pack on, and did a good distance on both days. This was the first time for a couple of years that I have walked with anything near full backpacking weight, and it felt good to be able to walk with it. However, I also know that I am not hill-fit. Most of the walks I have been doing recently have been relatively flat, and I need to get used to going up and down hills again.

For the first three weeks of the month I was blocked on S&V; it was exceptionally hard to progress it. I was writing it in a writing package that splits the story up into scenes; there are a few little bugs with this, but it has always been the way I thought I would prefer to work. There were a couple of annoying buglets in the package that scrambled the order of some of the scenes. Despite this, I continued with it.

At the end of the month, though, I finally called the experiment to an end and exported S&V into OpenOffice Writer. Since then, I have made some considerable progress with it - a surprising indication that the tool may not have suited me.

I have also written a good deal of the RSPFA story; I am slightly blocked on this until I get some research done (yes, I need to reserach fantastical creatures).

On a more personal note, Şencan went away to Turkey at the end of the month to see her folks and buy her wedding dress. I have also bene suffering from toothache yet again, which will hopefully get sorted with a tooth-pull at the beginning of April.

No comments: