Thursday 1 January 2009

Walking plans for 2009.

Over the last ten years I have walked over 14,000 miles, as can be seen at my website at www.britishwalks.org. Every year I set myself a target - the mileage that I wish to complete, the long distance trails that I wish to walk, and many other items. Unfortunately, due to illness, injury and a house move, 2008 proved to be a very disappointing year. Since 2002 I have managed to walk at least 1,000 miles a year, but in 2008 that figure was under 400.

Upset at this decline in form, I am setting myself some fresh targets for 2009. These, in no particular order, are:
  • To walk at least 1,500 miles;
  • To walk the Southern Upland Way.
  • To walk around the Isle of Wight.
  • To complete the Wessex Ridgeway.
  • To walk the Wolds Way.
  • To walk the Cleveland Way.
  • To reach ten more county tops (the highest points in each county)
This is going to be difficult to achieve, but I need to strive for them, if only to stop my waistline from expanding.

No comments: